Nano ledger/XRP account was compromised and my flare airdrop ethereum wallet address was compromised

Hi,

Both my XRP and Ethereum wallet was compromised. My compromised wallet is eligible for Flare airdrop. I just don’t know how i can update the flare airdrop with a total different XRP/Ethereum wallet. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Register a new ETH address on a new wallet, such as TrustWallet or Metamask. Change the XRP Account MessageKey to the new ETH address. Your XRP wallet will still be compromised, but because the ETH address has new private keys, that will be safe.

I have already tried all those steps by having the new XRP account created with the a new Ethereum updated with Messagekey. However, the new XRP account shows flare ineligibility and I understand that is because the flare snapshot already taken back in Dec 13, 20 and still bound to the old XRP compromised account. I just wonder and don’t know how and if there is a way to have the flare snapshot moved and updated to my newly created XRP account.

You can’t create a new XRP address because that address didn’t exist on the 12 dec 2020 when XRPL snapshot was taken. You need to use the same XRP address (compromised one), but reset the MessageKey with the new ETH address that is not compromised.

1 Like

You are a very bright man! You are my life savior. Thank you so much.

Lol, I wouldn’t say that. Hope it works out for you.

1 Like

I am so glad that there are still people like you online. At the same time, there are so many scammers. Very thankful of your thoughtful advice.

1 Like

hi there found your message with compromised xrp account.
i have same problem. have to get a new xrp account.
can you help me where to put in the new eth adress?
i just downloaded trust wallet for new eth account.
thank you
cem

Follow the direction at this site:
Spark (Flare) - XUMM (wietse.com)